Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Career Paths

 
As I start writing this I want to say a BIG thank you
to all of the awesome people who read and follow my blog.
I signed into my account today and realized that I've reach OVER 8,000 views!
 
Wow!
 
 It might not be much to some, but we all start at 0 don't we?
I started off as the girl who thought nobody would care to read about my life.
The girl who was intimidated to voice her opinion in larger text
in fear that people would judge me or think I was silly.
You all proved me wrong & pushed me out of the box.
The messages and beyond nice comments I get from people
are a big influence to keep going and keep writing.
I really couldn't thank you guys enough.
 
---
 
If you're reading this from my facebook you're
probably wondering what I was going to write about based off of my status.
& if you're from Instagram you probably have no idea what I'm even talking about.
 
Last night as I was laying in bed I randomly
started thinking about what I REALLY want to do with my life.
& it only seems fitting to start from the beginning...
 
My whole life I lived and breathed dance.

Throwback to 2 years ago at Washington Redskins Cheerleader Finals.
 
 I was the captain for two years of my HS dance team
and I spent most of my time choreographing, listening to music,
stretching, or drooling over other dance video's on youtube.
After graduation, I decided I wanted to be a teacher.
The thought of having my own HS dance company was beyond a dream.
I started classes at AACC and I thought I had my life all
figured out. Until I realized that my career wasn't definite and I was money hungry.
At the time I was 19 and only cared about the finer things in life.
I decided I wanted to keep dance as a hobby instead of a career choice
& dance is still in my life to this day.
 
Now lets rewind to a few years before that...
 
Before I even became a mother, or had a child.
 I was so fascinated with the female body, pregnancy, and babies!
Who would've though huh?
I decided I really wanted to be an ultrasound technician so that
I can see babies grow and work with mothers through their entire pregnancy.
It was perfect.
Until someone mentioned to me...well...why don't you become a nurse instead?
You can work with babies and help them be delivered?
So then it only seemed fitting that I should become a nurse.
After my whole change of mind with dance
that was what I fell back on. I wanted to be a nurse.
But was I really happy with that decision?


 
So if you haven't realized already, the past two years
my life has been put through a mini tornado. I went from having
my life all figured out, focusing on school and
following my dream of being a cheerleader in the NFL
to being a mom, no longer taking classes,
staying at home, and being a blogger/photographer.
Talk about total 360.
But one thing I've learned throughout this process
is that everything in life absolutely has a purpose.
Being a mother helped me reflect on myself and what I want
to do with my future, as a parent and for myself.

 
 
I started reaching out to people in the social media community.
If you follow me on IG, I've probably annoyed you at some point or
another. Praising other moms, or posting things about different groups/pages.
I've done a few giveaways..and ultimately made a lot of connections and friends.
I don't thrive off of gaining more followers as a popularity contest.
I look at it as more friends, more connections, more people that I can
share my life with and watch theirs in return.
I've gotten more advice and love from moms across the world than I have
the "friends" who didn't stick by my side through my pregnancy and after.
It inspired me to start a blog, go after improving my photography and
bettering myself over-all as a person.

Photo I took of my sister, Abby.
 
 
I then realized that I actually really enjoy reaching out to people.
Learning about other peoples lives, advocating what I believe in via blog,
and getting my name out there. I enjoy writing so much and the responses
I've gotten from people have been more than motivational.
I've been told by a few that I should write a book...
Me? A book?
Maybe one day...
but until then I guess it's time to focus
on where I want to go from here.
 
I want to go back to school for Journalism.
 
It hit me like a hammer last night.
I was so excited by the thought that I wanted to start classes
like last night...at 12pm.
Any second longer was too long of a wait.
I Google searched, read articles from Journalists who work
with big named Magazines, Newspapers, and even in television.
I completely fell in love and in that moment felt like everything
I've ever worked hard for in life has brought me here in this moment.
Starting my blog was a big step for me, a milestone.
& then it turned out to be a hint from life.
A nudge, and last night a push into the direction I need to be in.
 
Thank you life, for throwing the craziness in my way.
Behind it all was my inspiration.

 
 
 xox,

Jessica
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments :

Post a Comment