This is for the first time moms who all have "nesting probs". We can all relate....we all want everything we could possibly need before baby arrives. And by everything...we really need everything. We don't care if we even think we'll need it. Who cares, we want it! If its cute, its ours. Don't mess with the hormones.
I think it's safe to say I'm currently retired from the "new mom" title. Granted, Camden isn't even a year old...so I'm SURE I have much more to learn. But as Camden has grown I've learned that there's a lot of unnecessary baby things that I wont be getting when we decide to expand our family. I've sat back and watched as the pile has grown with items we never ever used. Before my baby shower I basically had mini panic attacks every day re-checking my baby registry and adding things. I got to the point where I would go to my other expecting mom friends registries to see what they had on there that I don't so I could add it to my registry.......RIGHT? It was bad.
Every baby is different, and they all don't like similar things but here's a list I've compiled of things we never or hardly used...or they were just straight pointless.
The Bumbo Seat
We may have used this once, or twice. I really thought this was a necessity. But Camden wanted nothing to do with it. They also may want to re-think the size of these things because Camden has skinny little legs and by a couple months old he was already close to outgrowing the Bumbo. So for the little chunkers out there, its not likely they will find it comfortable. Some of my friends have said it has helped with learning how to sit up, but like I said...Camden had no time for this thing and learned how to sit up on his own just fine without it.
Doorway Jumpers
Not saying jumpers aren't the bomb. Because they totally are. But I believe there is a big difference in one that you attach to a door frame compared to a stationary jumper. For example, for the handful amount of times we've put Camden in this I felt like he was going to hit his head on the door frame. Once he put a certain amount of weight on one side he would totally sway that way and would come inches to smacking his head. While as the stationary, the weight distributes evenly all over. I would say if you want to get one of these don't attempt to use it until your little one can balance his/her own weight and can stand WELL with little support. But even then, if they're close to walking...chances are the last thing your little one wants to put up with is being stationed in a doorway!
A TON of Pacifiers
Pacifiers are great for babies that actually use them. Buy a pack...or two. Don't be like me and get 10 packs and then some more at my baby shower because I thought every baby loved a good ole' paci. Nope. Not even close. Never heard of a child hating a pacifier so much to the point where he would literally gag on it...only my child. We now literally have a great supply of pacifiers that have been opened, cleaned, and never used. Here's to hoping that number two in the future likes pacifiers!
Bottle Warmer
Another thing that sounds like a brilliant idea, but totally isn't. Lets be real here for a second. Who honestly has time for one of these things? First off, we never even figured it out. I'm pretty sure it was taken out of the box and just looked at. Yeah, it was that short of a good idea. When your child is screaming crying and you've had an hour of sleep the last thing you're going to do is wait for this thng to heat up. You want warm bottles? Invest in one of those purified water filters with the big jugs on top that has a hot and cold water setting. 25% hot water, 75% cold. Now we're talking a fast and perfect bottle!
A Bouncer
Let me start off by saying, they need to invent a bouncer that bounces itself. Who's with me here? It's cute the first couple of bounces until your like okay dude....this is getting old and you need a nap. The best thing about our bouncer was that it swayed. He enjoyed that motion when he was a newborn, so in my future purposes if I ever insist my future children need a bouncer it wont be purchased unless it sways, plays music, or vibrates. If not, he/she is better off just laying on a play mat.
~
Hope you all enjoyed, stay tuned for the next blog where I'll be talking about the baby purchases I would talk greatly of and the ones that saved me in my crazy mommy moments!
xox, Jessica





No comments :
Post a Comment